Premature Ejaculation – What is it ?
When ejaculation is uncontrolled and happens before or shortly after sexual penetration with minimal stimulation, without wish of the person and partner. It is one of the most common sexual dysfunction in men.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation / PE
- long interval between last ejaculation
- new partner
- psychological issues such as anxiety, guilt or depression
- hormonal imbalance
- trauma to genitals (injury)
- drugs (even those prescribed by a doctor can cause PE)
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or Smoking
Treatment for premature ejaculation
- Most of the cases PE does not require any treatment and resolves over time. Relaxation practices such as yoga, meditation and exercise may be of help by relieving anxiety. Avoiding alcohol, smoking and drug abuse may prove curative in some.
- Using condoms may reduce sensation of the penis and therefore delay orgasm and ejaculation.
- Counseling and behavioural therapy may be needed.
- Antidepressant medicines may delay ejaculation as a side effect. Tramadol used as a pain killer also has similar effect.
- Certain exercises and techniques can be taught by your doctor which will improve the condition over time.
Best remedies for premature ejaculation
Following techniques have proven effective:
- start stop technique
- squeeze technique
- kegels exercises
Complications that can arise from Premature Ejaculation
Complications of premature ejaculation are mostly psychological like unsatisfactory sex and stress in partners. This can hurt your married life too.