Most of you would be aware of normal hygiene and some tips about how to maintain your general health. Similarly, there are some important things to do to maintain your penis in good health. Good health of penis not only includes you being free from sexually transmitted infections or penile cancer but also what you do to avoid Erectile Dysfunction, if you are able to urinate comfortably and completely, staying fertile for longer etc.
What are the factors that affect penis health?
- Age and hormone levels. As a man ages, his important hormone, Testosterone levels go down. This is quite common and happens to everyone. Significant decline can be seen after a man crosses 40 years of age. However, if the overall health is not maintained as it should be, the decline can be seen in early years of age and may result in Erectile Dysfunction.
- General health condition. Health conditions such as diabetes, heart problems and/or neurological conditions can cause a decrease in libido and also lead to Erectile Dysfunction. Mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression can significantly affect penile health.
- Medications. Penile health also depends on what medicines a man is using to treat other medical conditions. For example, SSRIs used to treat depression can cause a delay in ejaculation.
- Sex life. Having an active sex life may be good and enjoyable but at the same time, you need to check if you re involving yourself in risky sex that can include having unnatural sex without protection or having unprotected sex with an unfamiliar person or having sex with multiple partners without using a condom.
- How well you are cleaning your penis? If you are not cleaning the penis every day, oily substance can build up under the foreskin. This is called smegma. Smegma can cause inflammation of head of the penis and may also lead to balanitis. This can make your penis stinky too. Also, you must note that penile cancer typically starts from under the foreskin.
Tips to keep your penile health in good condition
- Eat healthy, include a lot of vegetables. Flavonoids, a group of plant metabolites are found to be very helpful for humans in maintaining good health. Not just the overall health but flavonoids are found to be directly linked in erectile dysfunction. Including vegetables such as spinach, avocado, spicy foods with capsaicin can help prevent erectile dysfunction.
- Watch your weight and workout regularly.Being obese or overweight can lead to ton of health conditions as you age. Diabetes, cardiovascular problems, neurological conditions, tearing of ligaments in legs due to overweight, kidney problems are few of them. Being overweight can also reduce libido as it can affect the hormone (testosterone) levels.Brisk walking everyday can be of great help if you are not able to do a proper workout everyday. Moderate workout that includes working out the hip muscles can help muscles in pelvis region remain strong is recommended. Regular exercise can help build stamina in sex and also in keeping erectile dysfunction at bay.
- Stress & anxiety management. Stress is a real ghost that can haunt your health from every possible angle. Keeping anxiety levels and stress in control is highly important for an overall good quality life and especially your sex life. Stress due to personal or professional reasons can ultimately affect your personal relationship with your partner and also lead to loss of interest in sex and may cause erectile dysfunction. Practice yoga or medication, spend time with your loved ones, take a break from your routine and step out to a different place to reduce/manage stress. If you have tried all of these and still unable to maintain, please seek help of professional.
- Goodnight sleep is important. Did you know that sleep apnea and erectile dysfunction are directly linked? Having a good night sleep is important for your overall health and also for your penile health. Sleep relaxes your mind and body and it is important to get good sleep during the night.
- Quit Smoking. Smoking can interfere with heart’s autonomic function. If you are chain smoker, try slowly cutting down and finally quit smoking. Smoking can also slow down the healing process of body in case(s) of any injury. If you are a consumer of alcohol, try to keep in moderation. Excessive drinking can affect your overall health especially your liver.
How to keep your penis clean?
Remember, just like your hands or legs, penis is also an important part of your body and it is your responsibility to keep it clean at all times.
- Wash your penis every time when you bath. Pull the foreskin back (if not circumcised) and wash the glans of the penis and the foreskin well with a mild non deodorized soap. Avoid harsh chemicals.
- Wash the groin area well as this is the area that can sweat more.
- Wash the skin on the scrotum well, there can be a lot of dirt lying in the folds of the scrotum.
- Wash your perineum and your anus with soap every time you bath. Keeping this area clean is really important because of the possible infections that can occur if you don’t.
- Should you trim your pubic hair or trim or just leave it as is? This is totally a personal decision and varies with individual. However you like to keep you, you can but make sure that you wash the area with soap when you take bath. Sweat and oil that comes out of skin in this area can make your pelvic area stink.
Could you treat penile fracture
Penis front skint cuting how much
please call our front desk for cost related questions.
She would complain so much that I had a penis as hard as a rod. Owing to persecution a decade later, my libido went down. Another decade later, I lost it all! No more sex, no more love. Then it all started…
See a doctor David. You may be put on erection medication, you can get your life back.