Frequently Asked QuestionsGeneral Questions on Sexology and Sexologist

General Questions on Sexology and Sexologist

Who is a Sexologist?

Let us first know/understand what ‘Sexology’ is. Sexology is a scientific study of human sexuality, human sexual behaviour, sexual functions, sexual development during the lifespan (from puberty to old age) of a human and all kinds of disorders / problems related to them.

A certified doctor who is thoroughly knowledgeable on these sexology subjects and who is licensed to treat such problems is called a Sexologist.

What problems do sexologists treat?

As said earlier, sexologists are licensed doctors to treat all sexual health problems related to sexual behaviour, dysfunctions and also provide therapy / counselling for singles or couples that are in need of having a satisfactory sexual health.

General Questions on Sexology and Sexologist

Do the Sexologists in Chennai test for Sexually Transmitted Infections?

Sexually Transmitted Infections cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Yes, the sexologists in Chennai can test and treat STDs / STIs. However, not all the sexology clinics in Chennai are equipped with the latest testing laboratories for STDs such as Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, HIV, Hernia, Herpes, Hepatitis A, B, C etc.

Do these Sexologists in Chennai keep the identity of patients confidential?

Absolutely! At Metromale Clinic & Fertility Center, your information and your personal identity is 100% Confidential. Apart from the doctor who is treating you and those who should be assisting from our staff will only know about you.  Not a single unsolicited party will be knowing anything, not even your name.

What tests do sexologists perform and what is the cost?

Firstly, it is not possible to tell what tests will be performed on a person without knowing the exact problem.  In many cases, no test will be required and in cases where tests might be needed, the patient’s problem and the medical history will be carefully studied and the tests will be prescribed.

Costing is another questions many patients will be asking about. It varies from clinic to clinic or doctor to doctor. A multi specialty clinic may be charging way more than what we charge and some doctors may be charging a little lesser. But, what we can assure you is, our charges are better compared to multi-specialty hospitals in Chennai where you get exactly the same services and equipped with the same labs as we are.

When should I see a sexologist?

  1. If you are having problems with your genitals
  2. If you see something unusual near your genitals
  3. If you have had unprotected sex with someone who you don’t know very well.
  4. If you are not able to have sex with your partner
  5. If you are not able to hold your ejaculation for decently longer period
  6. If you are not able ejaculate even after proper stimulation
  7. If you are not able to achieve erection
  8. If you find any spots, rashes on the skin of your penis and in your throat
  9. If you have a tight foreskin on your penis
  10. If your penis cracks during rough intercourse
  11. If you bleed when having sex or have a painful sexual intercourse
  12. If your penis is bent way more than it should
  13. If you have a small penis
  14. If you are losing interest in sex even in your young age
  15. If you are not able to consummate your marriage

and more.. If you have any such issues, you have to see a sexologist, right away!

Who is the best sexologist in Chennai?

Better or Best are relative terms. We will put a few brief points on how you can pick the right sexologist in your city or anywhere you want.

  1. Read through the doctor’s profile. Is (s)he qualified, trained by who and where.
  2. Reviews – Definitely these days, getting fake reviews has become as easy as a pie. So, you cannot rely totally on them BUT, you can get a fair idea by looking at the negative reviews especially and how the hospital / clinic / doctor is responding to them.  Not just in Google, you need to go through the reviews in various places where applicable, may be Just dial, practo, classifieds, trip advisor etc. Look at the holistic picture is what we advise.
  3. Word of Mouth – The most powerful and reliable medium. Needless to say about this one.
  4. Meet the doctor – Either for the first opinion or as a second opinion. The way, the doctor is listening to your problem, explaining what his / her inference on the issue and the medication prescribed will give you a hint on how that will work out.  If you are not able to see any improvement even after your second visit, you got to re-think about your next visit.


  1. வணக்கம் மருத்துவர் ஐயா,
    என் பெயர் அருண் பிரசாத்.வயது 26. திருமணம் ஆகவில்லை… அதிகமாக சுய இன்பம் மற்றும் ஆபாச படம் பார்க்கும் நபர். அதிலிருந்து தன்னால் மீள முடியவில்லை…மேலும் முக்கியமாக
    எனக்கு விறைப்புத்தன்மை முடிந்த பிறகு இடது விதைப்பையில் வலி ஏற்படுகிறது.விதையின் மேல் உள்ள மெல்லிய நரம்புகளில் வலி மற்றும் வீக்கம் உணர்கிறேன் . நேரம் செல்ல செல்ல வலி மெல்ல மெல்ல அதிகரிக்கிறது….சுயஇன்பம் செய்து விந்தை வெளியேற்றிய பிறகு 3 முதல் 4 மணி நேரத்திற்கு பிறகு வலி முற்றிலும் குறைந்துவிடுகிறது… இந்த பிரச்சனை எனக்கு 15 மாதங்களாக உள்ளது. ஹோமியோபதி மருத்துவரை நாடி 2 மாதம் மருந்துகள் எடுத்துக்கொண்ட பிறகு வலி இல்லை. ஆனால் 4 மாதம் கழித்து மீண்டும் அதே விதை வலி மற்றும் விதை நரம்புகளில் வலி வீக்கம் ஏற்பட்டுவிட்டது… தங்களின் youtube சேனலை நான் தொடர்ந்து பார்த்து வருகிறேன்… மேற்கொண்டு எனக்கு இன்னும் ஓராண்டுஇல் திருமணம் நடக்க உள்ளது…இந்த பிரச்சனையை முற்றிலும் நீக்குவது குறித்து ஆலோசனை தாருங்கள்…
    பணிவான நன்றிகள்

  2. Hello sir I am a 17yr old boy,,,, may I know why is my pubic region darker then my skin complexion,, I am not fair but average in colour pls let me know the reason…

  3. Hi sir I recently watched ur youtube video and it was very nice. For past few days i am having a tight foreskin, cuts at foreskin. I am so worried if anything big has happened. I would like to get your consult. Where can i meet you i mean in which branch.

    I am 23 yrs old and fat very much concerned on this issue

  4. Hello Sir I’m 25 years old an I masturbate 2 are 3 times a day an after masturbating I get pain in penis an the fore skin is tight n even my penis is bent towards The left.. all the time. is that I have some problem in me??

  5. Hi Sir,
    I am narine i am 26 years old and unmarried. my penis foreskin doesn’t come back while in normal and erected position.My question is if it will be a problem or cause pain while i am having sex in future.Or should i need a medical attention!

    • Hello Narine, you should get checked before you get married or have sex with your partner.

      Thank you,
      Dr. Karthik Gunasekaran

  6. Hi Sir,

    I am 33 yrs old. Penis is enlarging, but strong erection is not getting possible.
    Because of this I am facing too much pressure and painful in mind. Kindly help me how to resolve my issue.


    • Hello Tom, erections go down with age, thats common. But 33years is a little early for that to happen.
      First, you need to control your stress. You should relax your mind.
      If possible, please see me once at my clinic. Lets see if medication will help.

      Thank you,
      Dr. Karthik Gunasekaran.

  7. Sir I’m naveen
    Sir I have one testicle because testicular torsion and I had a surgery at the age of 15 and now I’m 20 what happened if I do masturbation and I’m interested in bodybuilding…. please help me out with this sir!!……….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment